Although the Torritón is a Muslim watchtower that was part of the Umayyad defensive line that protected the border of the Middle Brand to Talamanca, in its surroundings the foundation of an old construction complex abandoned by problems of humidity and parasites is maintained, given its proximity to river Jarama (in Arabic, Xarama means border river or no man’s land).
The Torritón presents the characteristics of the Arab watchtowers. These defensive towers were some fifteen meters high by six meters in diameter and were divided into two or three interior floors. The main entrance was two meters from the ground and a ladder was needed to access the interior. The communication and messages between the different watchtowers were carried out by smoke or fire signals that were easily visible from one vantage point to another, which indicates the proximity between them.
It is considered the first settlement of Torremocha. During the sixteenth century the Torritón or Torreotón was a defensive house-tower around which was created an alquería that, in the second decade of the century, had about 20 inhabitants. Years later, between 1557 and 1595, the area was depopulated as a consequence of the policy against heretics practiced by Felipe II and the definitive expulsion of the Moriscos decreed in 1609 by Felipe III, becoming part of the lands of common use of the parish of Torremocha.
Although it is in a ruinous state and does not appreciate the crenellations of the upper part, in its interior are still visible the vaults between floors of masonry of form cupular.