The Roman road of Galapagar is only a small section of the Vía 24 of Antonino Itinerary, a passage through the Sierra de Madrid, coming from Merida -Emerita Augusta- and bound for Zaragoza -Caesaraugusta-. Via eight meters wide, built with large granite slabs and curbs, the Vía 24 crossed the Galapagar border, from Puente del Herreño to Puente del Toril, from here, continue its itinerary crossing the present urban area of the town .
The use of the road is verified throughout history and at different times. In 1765, the Bridge of the Toril was built by the engineer Marcos de Vierna, with a style that imitates the civil engineering works of Roman times, so that he could pass through the new road linking Madrid with El Escorial and Castilla la Vieja . Also in the eighteenth century the cobbled ramp was built, to the left of the bridge, which facilitated the passage from the old road that came from the center of Galapagar to the new Camino Real de Castilla. During the nineteenth century the old Roman road changed its use and became a cattle route, with the name Cordel de Suertes Nuevas.