Belonging to the Arteaga family, it is still unknown who ordered it to be built. In 1853, by default of a debt was acquired by Canal de Isabel II in public auction to install in its dependencies the founding headquarters of the Channel of Lozoya or Isabel II. That is why it happened to be called House of the Direction until, in the year 1992, it stopped having this use. Their stays hosted countless illustrious figures such as Queen Elizabeth II, General Espartero, Bravo Murillo or the kings Alfonso XII and Alfonso XIII. Today, the building is municipal.